Executive Director, Primary and Integrated Health Care Innovation Network (PIHCIN) National Coordinating Office
PIHCIN supports cross-jurisdictional research that is patient oriented, policy relevant, and scientifically rigorous to transform services for people with complex needs. This office represents 11 provincial and territorial networks co-led by a policymaker, researcher and clinician, and a network manager. The Executive Director (ED) will be responsible for establishing and managing the Network Coordinating Office, implementing the strategies of the Network Leadership Council, developing and maintaining relationships with national and international stakeholders relevant to primary and integrated care. They will work across a distributed network, with co-Chairs in Toronto and Vancouver, so we are open to applicants from any part of Canada. It is funded under the Canadian Institute for Health Research Strategy for Patient Oriented Research.
· Will report to the Co-Chairs and the Network Leadership Council and is responsible for all operations and business functions of the Network Coordinating Office including finances, human resources, communications, and day-to-day office administration.
· Provide advice to the Co-Leads about strategic planning and infrastructure support
· Assist the Network Leadership Council, tripartite leads and managers in developing key performance measures and facilitate progress toward the goals and activities derived from the CIHR performance measurement regime.
· Convene and oversee working groups composed of network leads and managers on key issues as designated by the Network Leadership Council.
· Prepare the Annual Report to the funder, the Canadian Institute for Health Researcher (CIHR) and SPOR Network and any other materials including marketing and media releases.
· Represent the SPOR Network at meetings as designated by the Co-Leads, such as with host institutions for the Network Coordinating office, and with other stakeholders (e.g., CIHR, Ministries of Health, universities, professional or patient societies).
· Oversee and assist with the preparation of the business plan and sustainability model for the Network Coordinating Office.
· Represent the PIHCI network at national and international venues to facilitate ongoing and new collaborative project development and fund-raising with public and private sectors.
· Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to advance the mission and vision of the SPOR Primary and Integrated Health Care Innovation Network.
· Several years experience in a management position with responsibility for complex revenue/expense budgeting.
· Experience in team building and establishing collaborative relationships with stakeholders in both public and private sectors.
· Experience facilitating communication and collaboration across large, geographically spread groups.
· Excellent communication skills (writing and oral presentations).
· Understanding of university-based research grant management and inter-institutional agreement development and execution.
· Expertise in fund-raising from both public and private sectors.
· Knowledge of the primary care sector, the policy context and provider organizations.
· Excellent organizational management skills with experience in developing meeting agendas and materials to enable successful interactions and communication among diverse stakeholders as well as collaborators.
· Meets deadlines for periodic reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
· Good mediation skills and ability to develop practical solutions to challenges arising within the context of patient-orient research.
· Ability to respectfully communicate with diverse populations including Indigenous, Francophone and Immigrant Canadians using culturally sensitive language and approaches.
· Understanding of technologies to facilitate collaboration across disparate groups an asset.